“It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”
Scott Belsky, Founder, Behance
Nothing beats the thrill and excitement of starting up a new business venture. Entrepreneurs pull out all the stops and risk it all to put their ideas into action. Startups, as budding brands and businesses, in fact need a digital footprint more than most to get that competitive edge.
Apart from the major startup challenges, here are 7 challenges you should anticipate while building and launching a website, and ingenious ways to overcome them:
- Securing the Domain Name: The best domain names are simple, crisp, memorable, consistent with your brand’s name and image and easy to spell. Finding the right domain name for your brand is crucial to ensure your target customers can find it in a click. Startup founders often get disheartened when they find that their dream business name isn’t available as a .com domain. However, switching to a country-specific domain name like a .in, or trying variations by adding action words such as ‘buy’, ‘shop’ or ‘go’ to your brand name could help you secure your desired domain name in just a few minutes.
- Accessibility & Compatibility: Do ensure that your website is reachable from multiple browsers. Build your website such that it loads properly and fast on each major web browser such as Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer apart from Google Chrome. If not, you risk alienating a large section of your target customer base. Ensure that your website is designed to be responsive such that people can view it seamlessly on desktop, smartphone and tablet alike.
- Design & Navigation: Clean, contemporary design is timeless and considered imperative to the long-term success of your website. Distracting graphics, pixelating images, too much text and unintuitive navigation can put users off and increase churn. Ensure that your UI and UX are professionally designed as per the latest in web design trends by a web design company.
- SEO & Digital Marketing: When you are developing a new website, ensure that clean, SEO friendly code is built in. This guides search engine spiders to track down original content and tags used on your website which can bump up your search rankings. Further, investing in effective digital marketing efforts and developing meaningful relations with e-influencers will ensure people not just discover your startup business, but transform into brand evangelists over a period of time.
- Content Creation & Management: It is vital to develop a unique and consistent tone of voice for your service offering, sprinkled with original content sparkling with insight and creativity. A flexible back-end content management system is key to consistently updating your website with products, photographs and text.
- Call To Action: Placing calls to action on your website at strategic points softly encourages users to contact your business – be it to answer any product query, or to initiate a sale. Try to include at least 2 -3 calls to action at least on your website.
- Driving Traffic: To get people to your site, first ensure the right keywords and tags are used on your website. Next, invest in low-cost forms of online advertising and lead generation such as Google Adwords and Facebook Ads to micro-target your potential customers.
It’s completely okay to be apprehensive about these challenges, but we’ve got your back. Feel free to buzz us at email@example.com for a free 30 minute consultation.